System Control and Testing Engineer
You will lead the specification, development and implementation of automation, control and data acquisition systems for new Skytree prototypes and testing facilities; this will range from the understanding of requirements and full specification of systems through to assembly and operation. You will design robust testing procedures and perform testing on new prototypes.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop control system requirements for next generation prototypes and lab testing equipment
- Develop and deliver control and data acquisition systems in line with agreed specifications, both internal and with partners
- Produce documentation, status reports and operating procedures
- Develop internal procedures and recommendations for standardisation of equipment and components
- Develop and standardize testing procedures, carry out experiments, perform data analysis and deliver test reports
- Communicate with collaboration partners to allow integrated functionality of future demonstrators
Profile and Experience
- Degree in a related field (Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics) + 3-6 years working experience
- Experience in designing and specifying control systems from initial concepts through to installation, testing and operation
- Experience in developing and carrying out testing procedures (Design of Experiments Methodology)
- Experience in data analysis (R, Matlab, Mathematica etc.)
- Programming experience in C (Arduino, microprocessors)
- Experience in numerical simulations (bonus)
- Experience and understanding of mechanical component design (bonus)
- Able to write clear, concise technical reports
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable, open-minded team player and self-starter
- Enjoy being part of a diverse, multi-cultural team
We offer you a unique opportunity of professional and personal development in one of the most innovative cleantech start-ups in the heart of Amsterdam!
Skytree is a spin-off from the European Space Agency (ESA) and has developed a unique CO2-capture technology which can be applied in a variety of products and industries.